TeamBuilders™ is a supplemental service that empowers K-2 teachers and students with strategies for increasing student collaboration in all subject areas that involve group-work. Our services help teachers transition into facilitators of project-based learning, and helps students become collaborative team members who encourage one another long after the initial TeamBuilder lessons are complete. Furthermore, the skills learned extend beyond group work, as students build the foundations of teamwork and positive interactions necessary in life.
- Collaborate with a professional learning community of teachers
- Learn ISA’s TeamBuilders™ Framework for Collaboration Instruction
- Learn research based strategies for scaffolding, providing feedback, and reinforcing critical collaboration skills
- Receive ongoing support
BENEFITS for students
- Learn how to be a good team member
- Participate in fun and engaging group activities
- Use and integrate TeamBuilder skills in the classroom and beyond!
BENEFITS for teachers
- Create a culture of collaboration within classrooms, which allows teachers to move through their school curriculum with ease
- Collaborate and receive support from peers in a moderated professional learning network
- Learn research-based strategies for scaffolding, providing feedback, and reinforcing collaboration skills
- Integrate classroom goals to make it personal for students and teachers.
- Help create a more collaborative school culture
- Training: An initial self-paced online introduction with support from ISA staff
- Lessons & Materials: 5 lessons & materials – organized, color-coded, and very easy-to-use
- Professional learning network:Support from peers and ISA staff to experiment and implement